Be part of this growing movement to create community designed for the "longevity revolution."
Keep up with ENN News
Boomers are rewriting the script on aging, and throughout the U.S., "Virtual Villages" are setting the stage.
Eastside Neighbors Network, like the other 300+ virtual villages across the US, is built on friendship and mutual support to make it easier and more enjoyable for seniors to remain in their homes.
Being part of a village offers many of the benefits of a retirement community without the need to relocate. Members of ENN enjoy:
- Member-inspired social, cultural, and informational activities
- Volunteer help including local transportation
- Volunteer opportunities
- Access to service providers
- Information and referrals for local agencies
BECOME A FOUNDING MEMBER
More Seniors Age in Place Thanks to Growth of ‘Villages’
(from Home Health Care News, Sept. 13, 2018, by Kaitlyn Mattson)
“It wasn’t our intention to change the world,” Susan McWhinney-Morse, board member and co-founder of the Beacon Hill Village....It was our intention to make our world, for us, more agreeable.”
Read the full article to learn more about this growing national movement.
Share your talents, meet our members!
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER
HOW OUR VIRTUAL VILLAGE WORKS
- Members pay a single annual fee to access resources, services, and social opportunities.
- Members request services by phone, email, or on our secure web site.
- Background-checked volunteers receive daily email notices about opportunities that match their skills.
- Volunteers accept member requests and follow up with the member to confirm arrangements.
- Members plan outings, form interest groups, and organize in-home meetings based on their interests.
- You stay informed - Community programs, volunteer opportunities, and member events are announced by email and on the web.
It's that simple. We don't like bureaucracy, and we figure you don't either!
A Holistic Approach to Well-being
Get to know us!
COffee & conversation
Postponed to February 18
Details & RegistraTion
Announcing our first
Support our growth!
February - 2019 Preview | Emergency prep | A red dragon | A member responds to changing circumstances
January - 2019 Theme: A holistic approach to well-being; Mindfulness; Recognition Tea; Lunch about Town; Garden d'Lights
Links to 2018 newsletters with subject info